WARNING: SOME PEOPLE MIGHT FIND THIS CONTENT OFF PUTTING:
Date of Sighting: Not exact but I wrote the first draft back in mid January. I've gone "West" several times since. Call it January 15/2016. I wasn't planning to post any of these... grimier blog posts but several people praised my other one. I'll dig out the rest of these and post them as soon as possible.
I got into work, punched in and looked at the run sheet. The guy, I'll call him Ryan, was on the Southern route and I was on the western route. I have no objection to the western route other then it took longer to travel and I had to drive a big honking van rather then the smaller more agile compact delivery vans. However it was such a long ride that with the multiple deliveries I had in three different counties I was looking at an 10 hour day. Which was fine, because we do get to either take, or get paid for, an extra hour on break after 10 hours in addition to the regular 45 minutes of break time we get for an eight hour shift. I did my first few deliveries, mostly to terminally ill old people, nursing homes, and heavy smokers. As I left I noticed a 'new' one on the sheet. It was way out in the middle of nowhere on a run down farm. The van bounced up the ruts and I opened the side door. Behind the rear seats was mounted a self with plastic tubs. Each one had a paper bag in it with prescription meds in it. However this one had three paper bags stuffed into the box. I pulled out the delivery cart, dropped a pair of cases of bed pads on it, one of gloves, cathers and urine collection bags, two packs of oxygen tubing, a pair of small boxes with wound care supply bar codes, and something I hadn't noticed. A bariatric bath chair. I loaded it on and headed for the door. I took a steel wheelchair ramp to the top and rang the bell. It was answered by a guy a couple years older then me with a hassled look. I pulled the cart inside the small foyer and then around the corner into the living room. Through the door I say the glimpse of something that made me real glad my jacket was too long.
At a Glimpse:
Ethnicity: White
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 650+
Bodytype: Massive belly and thighs, no butt visible
Age: Late Twenties
Details:
I started unloading my cart and really wishing I could get in there to take a good look. Glancing around the living room it looked like many others I see. A walker, a TV, crumbs, towels on the couch, and the smell of stale urine, dried feces, although that was overpowered by some sort of food cooking in the kitchen and that sweaty grimy smell many obese have. In short it was like all the other houses where people are existing until the end of their life. The, I assume he was the husband was unpacking one of the cases of bedpads when I asked him "What do you want me to do with the prescriptions?"
"Is one of those her inhaler?"
I tore the bag open. "Yeah there's a couple."
"Take them in there" He pointed. "She didn't get her's this morning."
I walked in and was almost fainted. She was totally naked. Her massive legs lay on the bed swollen with fluid. The sheets, those I could see, were stained. Her belly was round, huge, and ridden with cellulite and her breasts were shapeless pancakes of flab. She had a short neck and it bulged flesh. Her double chin sagged and her face was fleshy with no bone structure visible. She had food stains around her mouth and her hair was greasy. The hand she'd taken her inhaler with was big and fat.
I handed her her inhaler. She took it, took a hit, and said "Thanks" in a sort of congested alto voice and dropped on the table next to her bed. I said she was welcome and returned. Turns out I had to haul the gloves in there too. She had her eyes closed. She was eating a German chocolate bar rubbing her belly and had a look of pure bliss on her face. I placed the gloves and slipped out with the delivery slip signed.
No comments:
Post a Comment